The Smudge is a monthly newspaper offering articles, interviews, comics, and advice from a range of unique thinkers and creators. Brough to you by Tan & Loose Press (Chicago, IL) at a time when many of us have been searching for ways to contribute, they decided to use the tool they know best: PRINT. They’re not activists, they’re not editors, but have a riso, and know how to use it. So, in the spirit of the underground and alternative presses of the 60’s and 70’s, they hope to offer a unique voice and a different perspective on the issues and events that affect us all. They also squeeze some great comics in there as well.
Issue 1 Features
- Year of the Flip by Adi Goodrich & Sean Pecknold (Sing-Sing)
- Transition of Power by Tim LahanStar Signs from Small Spells: Cosmic Guidance from Rachel Howe
- In Praise of: Dried Beans by Liana Jegers
- “Are We Mad at Me?” Life advice from Courtney Tate
- In The New Year by Pete Gamlen
- Cover art by Clay Hickson
- PLUS: A new flyer for “It” by Nathaniel Russell
You can subscribe for a full year of The Smudge for just $35 (a 30% saving!)
All proceeds from each issue are donated to various charitable organisations. Check out what they’ve raised so far:
January: Planned Parenthood – $1000
February: The ACLU – $865
March: The National Women’s Law Center – ?
April: Earth Justice – ?
We’re looking forward to seeing what May brings 🙂